The Green Ribbon Initiative
The Green Ribbon Initiative (GRI) is a partnership of conservation groups working together for many years to protect the natural beauty and biological diversity of the Oak Openings Region. While the GRI was originally formed in Northwest Ohio in 2000, the partnership was recently broadened to include partners from the Oak Openings region of Southeast Michigan.
The Green Ribbon Initiative (GRI) is a shared vision of public and private organizations, landowners and individuals working to preserve enhance and restore critical natural areas in the Oak Openings Region of Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.
GRI Primary Activities
- Inform community about Oak Openings Region
- Identify the critical natural areas
- Support the preservation of the critical natural areas
- Support the restoration and enhancement of the critical natural areas
- Build partnership coalitions
- Support partner organizations to ensure ongoing, sustainable efforts in the Oak Openings Region
Does your organization want to become part of the Green Ribbon Initiative? Contact us to learn how.