Oak Openings Landowner Registry
The Registry Program, instituted by TNC in 1996, is maintained by a coalition of conservation partners in the GRI. It serves as a way to recognize, encourage, and assist all types of landowners in the Oak Openings to maintain and improve these habitats for the plants and animals found in the region. Private landowner efforts are so critical because the vast majority of the Oak Openings region is privately owned and so few acres of the Oak Openings communities remain that even small increases in quality or quantity can make a significant difference in the health of the associated species. The Registry is a great way to link to information regarding the Oak Openings!
Benefits to joining the registry:
– Site visit at no cost by a naturalist to help determine ways to improve the quality of your Oak Openings habitat
– Newsletters and emails to help keep you informed and encouraged in your restoration and management of you Oak Openings habitat
– Workshops at little or no cost to help provide you tools to keep you progressing toward your restoration goals
– Invitations to local event
– With a $25.00 minimum donation to the Oak Openings Habitat Protection and Restoration fund you also receive a Proud to Live in the Oak Openings Region sign
Simply agree to register your property in the program as a symbol of your commitment to voluntarily protect a portion or all of the natural features on your property. This opportunity applies to individual landowners, businesses, churches and schools so spread the word to others who may be interested.
Contact us to register.
Don’t own property, but still interested in getting a Proud to Live in the Oak Openings Region sign? With a $25.00 minimum donation to Oak Openings Habitat Protection and Restoration Fund, we will provide you with a sign to proudly display.