2023 Blue Week Tattoo Contest
The Green Ribbon Initiative (GRI) is committed to revitalizing the human and natural communities of the Oak Openings Region. For the first-ever Oak Openings Blue Week Tattoo Contest, we want to learn what the Oak Openings region means to you. We will be celebrating the art of nature in our Blue Week Tattoo Contest. We want to see your nature-inspired ink and we want to hear your story of what inspired your tattoo!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
The Oak Openings Blue Week Tattoo Contest is open to all individuals that are 18+ with nature-related tattoos and tattoo artists.
Entries will be accepted from 12:00am on May 1st through 11:59pm on May 21, 2023.
Entry Period EXTENDED! Entries will be accepted through 11:59pm June 2, 2023.
Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
- Entry fee is $5 per photo. Payment instructions can be found in the “How to Enter” section.
- There are no time or date restrictions on when the tattoo was created.
- Entries may originate in any format but must tastefully cropped (if applicable) and submitted electronically as a .JPEG, .jpg, or .png file. No physical photos will be accepted. Please submit files no larger than 20MB at the time of entry. Should higher quality versions be needed, GRI will contact you directly.
- All submitted tattoo photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- No name, title, date or text is to be on the photos of the tattoo. An ID label will be attached to identify the tattoo owner and title after judging.
- A tattoo may be entered in only one category. GRI reserves the right to reassign entries to the proper category.
- Tattoos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent, political, or other objectionable or inappropriate content are ineligible. GRI shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Tattoos that involve harassment of wildlife or putting animals or humans in danger are ineligible. GRI shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
- If you choose to include people in the photo of your tattoo submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary permission from the individuals depicted.
- GRI and its partner organizations have the right to use all photos for informational and promotional purposes with photographer/owner credit.
Your entering this contest signifies your acceptance of all terms and rules.
Only submit one photo per category, can submit multiple photos to multiple categories.
A: American Traditional (Old School) – tattoos featuring minimalistic color pallets with bold black linework
B: Realism – tattoos featuring realistic replicas of something from nature
C: Minimalism – tattoos featuring simplistic design where less is more (Example: outline of the Great Lakes, or tattoos acquired in Nature Nursery’s recent fundraisers, etc.)
D: Best Blue Nature Tattoo – tattoos related to Oak Openings native plants, wildlife, communities, or tattoos featuring blue plant or wildlife species
HOW TO ENTER
All image files must be no larger than 20MB, must be in .JPEG, .jpg, or .png format, and must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each photo should be in its own e-mail. You must include your name as you want it to appear with your photo, your e-mail address, your phone number, and the following information for each photo that you submit:
- Title of the tattoo
- Detailed caption of the subject matter (max 150 words)
- Category in which you are entering the tattoo
- (Optional) Place where the tattoo was received
- Shop Location
- Artist Name
The entry fee is $5 per tattoo. The fee may be paid online or by check. You may pay for all your entries in a single transaction.
Online: Click the “Donate” link below to access our secure online payment form and donate $5 times the number of photos you are entering. In the box marked “Add special instructions to the seller”, please type “Tattoo Contest”.
By check: Make checks payable to “Oak Openings Region Conservancy – Green Ribbon Initiative”, write “Tattoo Contest” on the memo line, and mail to:
Oak Openings Region Conservancy – Green Ribbon Initiative
P.O. Box 183
Holland, OH 43528
Winners will be announced in the Oak Openings June 2023 GRI e-newsletter. Prizes will be awarded to one Best of Show, four category winners, and one People’s Choice winner. Prizes will include a feature in the GRI Newsletter and on the GRI website, GRI swag, and more!
When you enter, you will automatically become subscribed to GRI’s e-mail list. This includes special event invitations and a monthly e-newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be e-mailed to email@example.com.